1. qualification worksheet and user accountYou will need the following information about your vehicle :
- The current odometer reading
- The Vehicle Identification Number or VIN (found on the vehicle ownership, will be verified using services provided by CarFax Canada or VinAudit Canada)
- Vehicle make and model year, and
- You must have a file number and/or the name of the contact person you spoke with at the manufacturer when you were trying to resolve the problem(s) with your vehicle.
You must meet the preliminary eligibility requirements:
2. CLAIM STATUS and CLAIM FORM
To check your claim status, login to the to the Claims Management System with your username and password. When you have logged into your account, you will see what stage your claim is at. To complete the online claim form, click on the blue ‘Complete Claim Form’ button.
You will need the following scanned items:
- A copy of your vehicle ownership must be included (please provide both the front and the back of the document),
- You must clearly identify what defect you believe your vehicle has in the Problem Description section and/or identify how you believe the manufacturer has not properly applied its warranty to your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is leased, the lessor must also sign the claim form. The Provincial Administrator will obtain the lessor's signature on your behalf.
- If you are seeking a buyback and your vehicle is purchased you must include a copy of your purchase agreement (Bill of Sale).
- If you are seeking a buyback and your vehicle is leased you must include a copy of the lease agreement with your application,
- If you are seeking a buyback and your vehicle is financed with an outstanding lien, or it is leased you must complete the lien/ lease form,
- Only those remedies listed on the claim form are available under this plan.