Kobayashi Online, Toronto’s choice for flexible WordPress site design and development, created a highly customized and functional website for CAMVAP that helps it meet its core mission of resolving disputes between consumers and vehicle manufacturers.
CAMVAP.ca is powered by the WordPress Content Management System, which lets administrators easily maintain and update the site. Kobayashi Online also incorporated the WordPress WPML plugin, which allows a translator to make every page and site element bilingual. Site visitors can easily switch between French and English by choosing a dropdown menu at the top right of the page.
All the site’s pages, content and images (including those in the image sliders) are easily and securely edited by administrators through a web browser, and no additional software. Kobayashi Online also implemented a role structure that restricts access to read and edit documents they’re entitled to.
Kobayashi Online developed an online Buyback Checker, which allows you to enter a VIN number to search a database to find out if a particular vehicle has been bought back by a manufacturer under the CAMVAP program since 1999.
CAMVAP.ca has also been designed to be shown on the latest devices including smartphones and tablets. The site contents adapt and scale to smaller sized screens, providing an optimized experience for users on whatever device they use to access the site.
In addition to this functionality, editors can select their privacy level and add a page to a public or private menu with as few as three clicks. The site’s publicly accessible pages are also coded to be search friendly, making them easier to find from search engines like Google and Bing.
The new CAMVAP logo was created by graphic designer Danielle Devay. Devay’s design was selected by CAMVAP from a number of designs developed by the 2012 “Corporate Identity Design” students as part of the Honours Bachelor of Design program at Sheridan College in Oakville, Ontario. The new logo was incorporated into the CAMVAP website as it went live in May, 2012.
Platform: WordPress 3.3.2
- BackupBuddy: Enables backups for restoring the site, and for migrations. Files, settings, and content are all backed up for a complete site snapshot.
- Formidable and Formidable Multilingual: Formidable is a powerful plugin that makes it quick and easy to create drag-and-drop forms. Formidable Multilingual extends Formidable’s capabilities to multilingual sites.
- Role Scoper: CMS-like permissions for reading and editing. Content-specific restrictions and roles supplement/override WordPress roles. User groups optional.
- WordPress SEO: This all-in-one SEO plugin provides on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and many more features that help search engines better find sites.
- WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML String Translation: WPML allows WordPress to deliver organized multilingual websites. The WPML String Translation adds the ability to translate and localize all text in the WordPress theme and plugins.
Kobayashi Online develops creative solutions to meet businesses’ biggest online challenges.